Geoffrey B. Cox, PMP, MBA, LSSBB, CSM
21975 Traction Place Res: (703) 444-3252
Software Developer; Project, Program & Product Manager with more than 20 years of management in product design, development, and marketing. Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt, Certified ITIL V3 Foundations, Certified ScrumMaster, Certified ServiceNow System Administrator. Experienced in all phases of program management and quality processes. Global marketing experience includes strategic and business planning, customer requirements research and market analysis. Customer focused, with strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing and documentation for product development, design and marketing collateral. Extensive software development and digital hardware design skills. Highly proficient with PCs including the Microsoft suite of applications.
VERISIGN, Reston, VA September 2009-present
Manager, Service Management Tools Engineering 2009-present
Manage and develop Service Management tools.
· Developed custom applications for Service Management using the Service-Now platform.
· Winner, 2011 Service-Now Innovation of the Year award. Top-5 Finalist in 2012. Top-5 Finalist in 2014.
· Managed and developed ITIL service catalog.
america online, Dulles, VA March 2008-September 2009
Internet Service and Web Content.
Senior Technical Program Manager, OASIS group 2008-2009
Program & project management of multiple software application / web products for internal AOL and Time Warner customers.
· Managed CMDB and NW CMDB related tools projects.
· Developed automated tools for OASIS group.
· Managed SOA Web Services Catalog
· Managed PMG Implementation
Gridpoint, inc, Washington, DC August 2005-March 2008
Intelligent Energy Management Products.
Director, Project Management Office 2005-2008
Develop and lead the project management office for a startup company developing a line of intelligent energy management projects.
· Developed the GridPoint Utility Solution (energy management appliance with demand side management, supply side management, backup power, and network monitoring and control).
· Developed the GridPoint Connect product (renewable energy appliance with backup power and network monitoring).
· Developed the GridPoint Protect product (whole house instant backup power and network monitoring).
· Led other PMs in the management of Enterprise Support Systems, Customer Support Systems, Advertising & Marketing campaigns, and the GridPoint Central network monitoring web portal.
Internet Service and Web Content.
Senior Technical Project Manager, Internet Services 2004-2005
Project management of multiple software application / web products for internal AOL and Time Warner customers.
· Managed Data Quality initiative
· Managed development and launch of Time Tracking System for Internet Services employees.
· Designed Software License Management workflow and managed software license inventory client.
Xerox Engineering Systems, Herndon, VA 1997-2002
Digital Document Systems (scanning, printing, copying) for the wide-format Engineering Market.
Director, Software Applications and Finishing Products, Herndon Site Manager 2001-2002
Project management of multiple software application product programs and finishing product programs, including all phases of project management and product launch. Site manager for XES Herndon operations, managing sales trainers, senior design engineers, test technicians, system and web site administrators, technical support hotline and administration staff. Build vendor relationships.
· Launched the
Bay “Hornet” Folder, the
· Launched “Plotworks” document management software, “ImageSite” dms, “Caldera” raster image processing, and “VP Hybrid CAD” raster to vector image converter software.
· Reviewed operations
Director, Current Product Quality 1997-2001
Expansion of the Current Engineering Manager position to include problem tracking and resolution and feature enhancement for all of the company’s current and legacy products, in all locations worldwide. Managed team developing software for wide-carriage digital printers and scanners used in the engineering marketplace. Controller firmware included communications/networking, user interface, image format interpretation, compression/ decompression, graphic rendering, and queue management. Client software included document submission and retrieval tools, and printer drivers. Team duties included product enhancement of legacy products, and 3rd tier technical support for customers, dealers, field analysts, and technical support departments.
· Achieved aggressive goals for problem solving against customer satisfaction targets.
· Implemented modifications that allowed XES software to be launched on the Kinko’s Gold office network CD for use in Kinko’s retail locations worldwide.
· Created database for tracking and resolution of customer/field problems, for resolving priority issues among problem set, and managing changes between design and maintenance teams.
· Managed customer product upgrades and product transitions for resolution of Year 2000 issues in legacy products.
· Fixed and closed a list of prior, long-standing customer dissatisfiers.
· Transitioned customers from obsolete products with upgrades and/or new products.
Eurotherm Controls Inc,
Industrial Controls including Temperature Controls for the Plastics Industry.
Project Manager, Lead Design Engineer 1993-1997
Managed the development and architecture of a new series of discrete temperature control products, including temperature controllers, valve position controllers, and process indicators. Recruited and led a team of hardware, software, and mechanical engineers, engineering technicians, and contractors; coordinated Research and Development with Drawing Office, Marketing, Purchasing, Literature, Quality, Manufacturing, and Test departments; directed all phases of hardware, software, and mechanics design. This product continues to be sold worldwide.
· Developed ISO 9000 procedures for product development team.
· Produced safety manuals for CE compliance of new products.
· Managed joint development teams across international borders.
System Architect, Design Engineer 1985-1993
Developed modules for networked process control systems implemented with IEC65A Function Block Architecture. Spearheaded the development of an entirely new line of process control modules, including product specification, design, documentation, manufacture, and test. Managed a team of hardware and software engineers, and engineering technicians. Order book closed on this product in 1999.
· Developed proprietary control and self-tuning algorithms for temperature controllers.
· Customized software for industrial control equipment in special customer applications.
M/A COM DCC, Germantown, MD – Senior Electronic Engineering Technician 1982-1985
Input Business Machines, Inc. Frederick, MD – Electronic Engineering Technician 1979-1982
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Virginia Polytechnical Institute and State University
Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute
ITIL V3 Foundations, Hewlett Packard/ The APM Group Ltd 2008
Certified System Administrator, ServiceNow, September 2013
Certified ScrumMaster, Scrum Alliance, January 2014
MBA, Virginia Polytechnical Institute and
State University, Falls Church,
BS, Electrical Engineering,
Masters Certificate in Information Technology Project Management,
Project Management Institute
Society of Plastics Engineers
HONORS & AWARDS
Service-Now Innovator of the Year 2011
Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society for AACSB Accredited Business Programs
Eta Kappa Nu Electrical Engineering Honor Society
Golden Key National Honor Society
TRAINING, SKILLS & SEMINARS
Responding to the Unexpected: Setting Up Your Team Culture for Innovation ~ Project Management Institute
Working with Indian Nationals ~ Prudential Financial
ITIL V3 Foundations ~ HP / The APM Group Ltd 2008 / OGC
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving ~
Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt ~ VPMEP / Virginia Polytechnical Institute
Systems Integration Project Management ~
Network & Telecom Principles for
Project Managers ~
Risk Management ~
Project Leadership, Management, and
Perl Programming /Advanced Perl Programming ~ TrueNorth Consulting, Inc.
Managing IT Projects ~
Project Management / Project Leadership, A Comprehensive Seminar ~ Strategic Management Group, Inc.
Presenting Data and Information (Edward Tufte) ~ Graphics Press
the Critical Difference ~
The Technical Person in a Supervisory
(email addresses available upon request)
Director, Product Management
Director, Software Development
Sr. Manager, Configuration & Process Management Systems
12061 Bluemont Way
Reston, VA 20190
Manager, Systems Engineering
Manager, Cross Platform Architecture Development
Xerox Innovation Group, Xerox Corporation
Building 128 Mailstop 30E
Webster, NY 14580
Eurotherm Controls Inc (Invensys PLC)
James E. Dunne
Director, Information Security Practice
Phone - 703-796-1443
(formerly Technical Director,
Eurotherm Controls Ltd)
Tel: +44 (0) 1243 543410
Mob: +44 (0) 7808 493692
Fax: +44 (0) 8700 547932
Dr. George Turnbull
Founder & Managing Director
Open Automation and Control
Ferring, West Sussex,
Home - 01903 507080
Office - 01621 840505
Vice President, Product Development
Xerox Engineering Systems
(0086) 13812650483 (
Chief Technology Officer
Power Precise Solutions